My aim is true.

13 December 2005

In looking for a new job, one needs to be cautious.

I really hate looking for a new job. My resume is filled with nothing but grocery. I have worked grocery since I was 19. For those of you that can't subtract, that's 4 years...well, 3 years...I didn't work grocery while I was deployed. My father made me promise I wouldn't make grocery a career. Look at him. He is...how old is my father...46. Dad has been working grocery for 30 years. He is a humble meat cutter...AFTER 30 YEARS!!! Monster.com has good leads, most of which are insurance sales. Not my bag, baby. Hot Jobs has cool things, most of which never email me back. Well, I'll go on this interview on Thursday and hope for the best but expect the worst, are they going to drop the bomb or not?

2 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

Job hunting is always harder than actual work. And it makes me feel like I'm quite possibly the most skillless, useless person on earth. Uhhh...I mean, uhh... good luck, job searching is a great opportunity to...uhhh...find a job... or something!

20:13

 
Blogger T.R. said...

Amen. And amen. Job hunting is my least favorite thing ever. Going to the dentist is a dance around the maypole by comparison.

20:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home