My aim is true.

25 March 2006

Dating VIII...the blind date

The phone call came.

"Allison, my brother invited me to go watch Shark in 3D and go to dinner. Wanna come? There are dates involved."

"I'm in."

"Be down to my house by 7:00."

I looked at my clock. 6:22.

6:23 Enter shower.
6:27 Exit shower.
6:45 Exit apartment.
7:12 Arrive in Sandy. Not bad I say.

What are my qualities when one is setting me up?

"My friend, Allison, is devilishly clever and obscure. Openbookish and honest."

Let us just say, I haven't been on a blind date for a while. Now I know why. Is it just me or do they seem to be the worst dates anyone can ever go on? You know nothing about eachother. You're in every sense of the phrase a fourth wheel.

Handy.

7 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

Hmmm...Salmon...

23:54

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

The mouth waters.

Nice guy. He paid for it all too. Aren't we the ones who asked them? What's the standard?

09:12

 
Blogger Blake Baker said...

A fourth wheel doesn't sound to bad, it worked for that whole automobile thing. I have been on a number of blind dates and I can say that a second date has NEVER resulted. And by second date I mean one dried fig is enough for any man.

09:38

 
Blogger T.R. said...

I became a fan of blind dates when I recently realized that there are no strings attached. If things don't go well, there is no uncomfortableness at work or school or whathaveyou.

16:29

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Ha. A date. I get it.

18:01

 
Blogger Laverna said...

There are perks if you're looking for an evening you don't have to pay for (assuming, of course, you're the girl) and don't want strings attached. Only problem is if it totally bombs. Not much of a fan personally. WAY too much possibility for it to bomb.

14:45

 
Blogger FPrince said...

"My friend, Allison, is devilishly clever and obscure. Openbookish and honest." This is my favorite because...well, only someone who truly fit this description would be able to write this.

I read this entry again. Ha ha. Memories.

11:30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home