My aim is true.

31 March 2006

Taxes, getting back what's rightfully mine.

My taxes are usually filed by the first week of February. Why did I wait so long this year? Read on to find out.

I worked for an independent grocery store, The Store.

My interview for Meier's Prime Meat Department consisted of, "Allison, you need a job? I'll hire you for $9.00 an hour. Start Monday. Bring this application and a resume with you." So formal.

I worked for this establishment from 12 JUN 2005 to 20 JAN 2006. Marsh, my big boss, told me my W-2 was in the mail. The middle of February rolled around, no W-2. Curious.

I get my dad on the horn. "Did you pick up my W-2?" I asked

"No. Marsh said he sent them out already," he replied.

"K."

I waited, like a fool, I waited.

Second week of March.

"Marsh, I never got my W-2. Do you have copies of it?"

"I'll get right on it."

Third week of March.

"Marsh, I need my W-2."

"I'm sorry, Allison, I'll ask Dixie where it is."

The last week of March.

"MARSH, I NEED MY W-2!"

"I found it. Come on down and grab it."

All the while I'm leaving voice mails with my phone number asking him to call me back. He never called me back. I was talking to a few guys a work about this.

"You can sue him."

"I know. That would take all the money I would get from my return."

This is the first time I'm doing my taxes without the help of a professional. I'm afraid. As I'm running into the Post Office I know my envelope will end up in the audit bin like Homer's did.

I'm doing my taxis...texas...taxes tonight. I should get my return my the middle of July.

3 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

That's a mess. People (not you, of course) are lazy. Most of us hope taxes will just go away.

17:35

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Do you think Elvis Costello does his own taxes? Are his figures true, too?

23:09

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

His aim was true.

06:54

 

Post a Comment

<< Home