My aim is true.

03 February 2007

Dreams et all.

I had a dream yester-night about how bad my neck hurt (which really isn't a dream, my neck really does hurt).

In my dream I was lying in my bed on a pillow that was made out of some sort of substance that was cold. It seemed to be helping with the pain but the pillow got warm. I got out of bed holding the frozen pillow and thought, "I better put this in the freezer." I placed the pillow in what I thought was the freezer and got back in bed.

I woke up.

I walked by my closet and saw that it was closed. Odd. I thought I left it open.

I opened my closet to find my cuddle pillow resting on my pile of shoes.

Since I was young I had a tendency to talk and walk in my sleep. I guess one never grows out of that. My sister recalls have conversations with me while I was asleep, always ending with, "Allison, go back to bed." My mom would tell me that when I would walk in my sleep my eyes would be wide open. I can imagine myself in my night clothes groping my way upstairs, through the kitchen and down the hall to my mom's room to talk to her or ask her a question to which she always replied, "Allison, go back to bed." In my limbo of slumber I would obey.

I've heard stories about people walking out of their houses while asleep. I never wanted that to happen to me.

It could be worse, I could be Jake Gyllenhaal's character in Donnie Darko.

4 Comments:

Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Many years ago, someone sleeping next to me, suddenly sat upright (I was startled awake) and yelled, "ME!" - then fell back against the pillow without another word. It still makes me laugh when I think of it. Such a proud egotistic outburst from Id land.

00:57

 
Blogger Chester The Bear said...

I do recall, once... and I hope you don't mind me being a little risque in this story... that I was having a dream.

I was 20ish, and still living at home with the parents in their apartment by the beach at the time.

The dream was that I was snuggling down with the girlfriend of the week, and suddenly realised it was late and I needed to get her home.

I so vividly remember getting out of bed, throwing some clothes on, grabbing her "hand" and heading for the elevator.

I even remember standing in said elevator heading for the lobby when the doors opened on floor 2, where a couple of Qantas stewardesses shared an apartment.

And then I woke up, standing in the elevator wearing nothing but boxer shorts and holding my pillow by its corner.

I looked at them, then down at the "girlfriend/pillow". I think I just said "oh... hello", and when I declined to exit the elevator with them, one of them said something like "yes, good idea... perhaps you'd better go back and put some clothes on".

"An awkward moment" is one descriptor that springs to mind.

21:44

 
Blogger Awright13 said...

Wow. Thank goodness you didn't feel the need to go fix the flat on your tire or go catch the bus.

22:51

 
Blogger FPrince said...

I dreamt last night that I was married to Tobias of Arrested Development fame. It was dreadful. I spent the whole time trying to get away from him and then finding gifts I knew he would love so I had to go back and give them to him. Like a wedding gift: a ridiculously oversized quilt made by the Silvercrest Ward which said "Freedom to Rock," complete with grotesque teddy bears and hand-stitched flowers. He loved it. I had to stay. He cooked my underdone fried chicken. So I left and found a McDonald's with the last few euros I had left. Because for some reason, we were in Paris. Weird.

09:52

 

Post a Comment

<< Home