My aim is true.

24 February 2007

It's cheaper to go to Europe for a month than it is to go to New York City for two weeks.

My 30th birthday is in five and a half years. That's a blink of an eye.

There are so many things I want to do before I turn 30.

In talking to a friend last night I found that many of her goals are the same as mine. These are my goals:
1. Graduate
2. Read a paperback on a beach in Australia
3. Backpack Europe
4. Become Big in Japan...in my own mind
5. Scale one Pyramid of Giza

In researching item #3 this morning I found that my European Experience is definately possible to do before my 26th birthday when I am still able to receive a discount rail pass. I think the wording on the website was, "Just graduated and want to see what the world has to offer? Putting off college for a while?" I think I fall into that second category.

Thus begins the planning of EuroBackpacking Trip Spring 2008.

6 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

I find your title funny. Our tickets for NYC roundtrip constitute roughly 1/5 of our total trip cost to Europe.

14:42

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Ooh ooh. Pick me! I (meaning plural matrimonic We) want to go to Australia in a few years. Seriously. We've talked about it. We'll keep tabs.

Europe. Everyone should go. Or is Never really Enough? (name the band).

14:44

 
Blogger Chester The Bear said...

europe. back pack. eurail pass. nice.

but there are a few places where it pays to have a car... because there's no railway station, bus stop, macdonalds or any other sign of civilisation anywhere near, say, Hamlet's Grave in Denmark. (Really... it's there... complete with inscription, but surprisingly devoid of souvenir stands selling copies of Shakespeare.)

And those beaches downunder... yup... paradise. You're welcome here anytime you want to come. Just remember that Oz is as big as Continental USA.

05:16

 
Blogger Matsby said...

Chester says you are welcome in Australia, because you said you would like to read a paperback in Australia.

But you may also notice that he didn't offer you a paperback.

I guess Australia isn't as hospitable of a place as you would like to think...

11:13

 
Blogger Awright13 said...

Dude seriously, if you need a Euro buddy I'm your man...er..girl. Sorry, I was just repeating it how the saying usually goes, but you get the point. I want to go back and I'd be a good choice in traveling companions b/c I've already been and know how these things work! Pick me!

23:21

 
Blogger Matsby said...

Request for more posts. New posts. Something. Anything.

We are worried Ali.

10:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home