My aim is true.

28 August 2006

If budgets are for the weak then call me the Ukraine.

I walked up to the teller booth and said, "I'm here to make my very late car payment."

"Okay. What's your account number?" he said as if people default all the time.

"I'm not sure," I said as I handed him my ID.

"Your payment's been made already."

I furrow my brow. "By whom?" He clicks at his computer box and informs me that in July there was a double payment made. One on the third (when the payment is due) and one a few weeks later.

I look at him and say, "That's the best news I've heard all day." I handed him a check for $230 so I could pay more of the remaining balance. $4,300.

"Now your payment isn't due until November."

I was over cautious. My father is the co-signer on my loan (I have no credit). I must have made my payment then freaked out a week later thinking it wasn't paid. The last thing I need is my dad taking my car away. That was the threat, you see. "Allison, this is building your credit as well as mine. If you default, I'm taking your car away. This is a privlidge not a right." Thanks Dad. I won't let him down. Nobody wants to face the wrath of Dad...besides I like the Impala. It is mine and nobody elses.

I've had to rewrite my budget form fortnightly to semi-monthly. The guys in accounting have somewhat helped me along (and when I say somewhat I mean didn't). Not that it took too much of my time. I just needed to change some dates on my extensive Excel spreadsheet. Just as I was hired they were changing the pay system from fortnightly to semi-monthly. I asked them about this. I plead my small case (mostly involving the word fortnightly because I think it's a sweet word). They plead their case, It's easier to do budgeting and payment. Okay, okay. The tall guys in accounting have talked me into it.

Change is good right?

3 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

I love paying off bills and debt. And then I go to wal-mart and 20 bucks later I have a cart full of sundries. But that's why I went, right?

Way to budget, sister.

17:39

 
Blogger Awright13 said...

Ya seriously. I have no budget. That doesn't mean I have all the money in the world, that means that I'm not good w/ money...maybe should work on that...

12:13

 
Blogger jeremy said...

As Michelle once explained to me, "credit limit is the new budget".

08:05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home