My aim is true.

27 June 2006

Things happen when you're not even paying attention.

I was at a popular restaurant today. I ordered a 12-inch vegetarian on wheat with swiss cheese. I like this sandwich because it's a salad in sandwich form. Bread, lettuce, tomato, spinich leaves, olives, pickles, cucumbers, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. Too perfect. But this isn't the point I'm trying to make.

I flirted with the Subway Sandwich Artist. He flirted back probably because of my salad sandwich order. He looked kinda...from Colorado...if you know what I mean (no offense Ashley). I closed our encounter with the line, "I'll see you next time."

The question I pose is this: How soon is next time?

I was thinking the day after tomorrow.

Or I could take the Swingers mentality. The part where he gets the phone number and he asks all his friends how long he should wait to call her.

"Industry standard used to be three days. Then after a while it seemed like everyone was waiting three days. But that's not three days including today. Tomorrow starts the three days."

"So you mean four days?"

"If that's how you want to look at it."

"So how long are you going to wait to call your babies?"

"Seven days."

5 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

My personal thoughts exend as far to say, "Hope she's rackin' up the sub club points whilst she's at it."

00:51

 
Blogger jeremy said...

You did use your sub club card, right?

00:52

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

I didn't even think to use my card. Doh! It was in my bag. I was too distracted I guess.

02:06

 
Blogger Blake Baker said...

I think artists are great. Especially if they have mastered working in the sandwich medium.

21:35

 
Blogger FPrince said...

They were sad when we left. :)

16:45

 

Post a Comment

<< Home