My aim is true.

11 May 2006

This was no accident, this was a therepudic chain of events.

I have deal breakers. Standards. I will NOT yield.

He told me to ask him any question I wanted. I could take my time and ask him anything. My question last night was exactly this: Are you willing to abide by Church chastity standards so you can fully repent?

It kept him awake all night. He was dreading our lunch today.

After 19 hours of deliberation he told me at the present time he couldn't abide by Church chastity standards.

He told me the Book of Mormon was written by people who didn't know him and what he was going through.

I walked away. Problem is I ripped my own heart out.

As quickly as something good is given to you it can be taken away. I will always love him.

Ether 12:27

8 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

Respect +300 for Allison. Actually, I'm quite speechless, I might have to post a comment later when I have an idea what to say. You are being rewarded with the right set of consequences, however hard they may be to endure.

19:17

 
Blogger Spencer said...

Oh, my friend, I'm so sorry.

*giant hugs for Allison*

Sometimes, making the right choice is incredibly hard.

22:21

 
Blogger FPrince said...

You indeed know when to hold them, and when to fold them. You know how to deal the cards.

You need more, because you know more. It's hard to swallow, but we all know the bottom line is that it's worth it. In the whole THE WHOLE POINT OF EXISTENCE sense.

You are my biggest fan.

23:49

 
Blogger jeremy said...

Maybe you should put him into custardy.

02:02

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Pudding...

I need a dessert.

09:50

 
Blogger Blake Baker said...

Allison: Mild Mannered Shelf building lobster baker by (appropriate time designation here), stalwart beacon of righteous example by (opposite time designation here).

14:15

 
Blogger Laverna said...

You can never know how these sorts of things are going to turn out -- not when they start, nor if they are ever completely over. I could say all sorts of trying-to-sound-helpful-and-comforting things, but they just sound hollow as I try to type them.
Uncharted territories of the heart . . . I don't know that I have made any excursions into my tundra. Relationships that I look fondly back on, but I honestly don't think that I could say that I've ever loved anyone. That sort of thing takes guts, and you, my wonderful friend have them.
I am not one that wishes pain on others, but I hope he realizes what he has lost: a real gem of a person. We are all diamonds in the rough, though, and as we go through life we are slowly cut away from the rock that surrounds us. Each cut is individual, but always what will bring out the best brilliance and beauty. It is painful, though, no?
Just the same, who can say that your influence has not been felt? After all, a diamond is so hard, it can only be cut with another diamond.

15:25

 
Blogger Awright13 said...

Besides, you need someone taller...I have my standards too and I'm passing them on to you!

11:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home