My aim is true.

23 September 2006

Emo continued

Can you be Emo and still have self-esteem?

I submit yes. Example: Me.

I'm afriad I'm leaning more toward the non-shoving, non-pot smoking, thick-rimmed glasses wearing, thrift store shirt buying crowd of Emo. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I really like the music.

In contridiction to the linked post, I don't think it's the popular thing to do. According to the article, My Chemial Romance and Panic! at the Disco are the more popular Emo bands. Dashboard Confessional, Circle Gets the Square and Rites of Spring are true Emocore.

What's a girl to do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Blake Baker said...

Emo is short for emotion. I think a better descriptor of todays young music fans would be apa. Guess what that stands for, not that they care.

09:17

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

No, they really don't.

21:06

 
Blogger Chester The Bear said...

I think I need to get out more... I hadn't heard the term 'emo' until last week, when it was featured in a little piece on the Aussie equivalent of PBS.

Then I heard it about six more times in the space of just a few days in the unlikeliest of places (like at the supermarket checkout). Now I read it here.

Is this what Jung meant?

17:21

 
Blogger FPrince said...

I think Jung meant that the people want more of Allison's thoughts.

Post, woman, post!

18:18

 

Post a Comment

<< Home