My aim is true.

04 September 2006

Road Trips Rule!

Road trips are so very much fun.

I went to Santa Jorge (St. George) with my family over this fantastic Labor Day weekend. I keep thinking there should be some type of fireworks display. But alas there will not be one. We went to get out of the valley and we went to go see the Joseph Smith movie. I was a wreck. If you looked at me right after the movie you would think a very close family member passed away. In reflection, this is quite accurate. He's my brother. During part of the film there was an instrumental version of Praise to the Man. I couldn't help but think of the words "Earth must Atone for the blood of that man/Wake up the world for the conflict of justice/millions shall know 'Brother Joseph' again." How many strong is the membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? Millions know Brother Joseph again.

My sister, her husband and I went to Zion's and Bryce Canyon because we really didn't have anywhere to be that night. I think what they wanted to do was plant National Park seed inside me. It worked. Next summer we are going to backpack Bryce Canyon. I'm going to hike King's Peak (note to self: Don't go alone). Jellystone is also on the list.

I brought my knitting needles with me. I'm going to have a cool new purple scarf this winter. Maybe even a hat, too.

We also figured that we can also break the Sabbath while on road trip status. We were going to stop in Nephi for dinner but we missed all the exits...construction. Then we stopped in Spanish Fark but the Winger's was closed. We made our way to Provo...yeah right. We found an eating establishment. I, like Michelle, think there are many things wrong with Provo. A backward town.

All in all, not a bad weekend I say. I love being with my family.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blake Baker said...

Sounds like your weekend uber-ruled. FYI: unless he has undergone some drastic reconstructive surgery he is a he, even in spanish. Therefore: San Jorge, Santa Jorge leads me to believe that he leads a dark second life on Tropicana Blvd in Vegas as a drag queen performing along with the likes of Rupaul and Boy George.

12:29

 
Blogger Blake Baker said...

Sounds like your weekend uber-ruled. FYI: unless he has undergone some drastic reconstructive surgery he is a he, even in spanish. Therefore: San Jorge, Santa Jorge leads me to believe that he leads a dark second life on Tropicana Blvd in Vegas as a drag queen performing along with the likes of Rupaul and Boy George.

12:30

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Maybe he could help Smokey.

We love you Smokey!

There's an idea for a road trip!! A western states search for our favorite derelict.

17:39

 
Blogger Laverna said...

Road trips are great. No one can fully comprehend the bonding that takes place on such trips unless they have done it themselves. (Or is it just because you're all so tightly packed that you fuse together?)
My favorite was probably when my family went to Nauvoo and Missouri to see church history sites. We borrowed Brent's uncle's camper trailer and slept all eight of us in it every night.
At the time it was my sister's boyfriend's uncle's camper trailer. I love obscure connections.

19:08

 
Blogger Matsby said...

I think I can speak for little Smokey when I say that he loves you too. Or at least he would if he met you - and sobered up long enough to think of anyone but himself.

If you do find him, please tell him I am in California. Thanks.

17:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home