My aim is true.

29 December 2005

Dating V

I must be attracted to jerks.

Case and point.

A week ago I asked my new interest out for New Year's Eve. I was on cloud nine. I thought I had this date in the bag. I get ahold of him last night and ask him if he was still game. His reply, "I will probably need to go into work."

Allison became the mad dialer last night. Mad like insane not mad like angry. After checking my extensive phone book, the self-conersation went a little like this, "Alex is in Minnesota, Ammon has a date, Dallas is too old, Jimmy is in Ogden, Lane is hot but hung up over Abby, Preece is in Logan, Richard is gay, Will is in Richfield."

Then I thought about a mutual friend, Erica. She introduced me to her friend. I called her last night with my delima. I believe it was, "So I need (insert name here)'s number because I believe he is the only guy in town without a date for New Year's. So give him a little ring so he doesn't freak out when I call him."

15 minutes later I had a date to the ball.

It will be nice to hang out with him. We've been talking as of late about being jaded when it comes to the opposite sex.

4 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

Do you need me to bring my abacus to help you count bots and snus during the date? Imperceptibly?

18:58

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Also I think it's ironic that Dating V has sucked just like Rocky V. Also every other fifth movie ever.

18:58

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

No abacus necessary. Thanks for the offer.

21:57

 
Blogger jeremy said...

I think Empire Strikes Back was the best of the series. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix wasn't all that great of a movie, though so you might have a point.

11:27

 

Post a Comment

<< Home