My aim is true.

29 January 2006

Dirty Dancing...the film


The Year: 1987
The Plot: While at a summer getaway with her family in 1963, Baby falls in love with a dancer named Johnny.
Memorable Quote: Nobody puts Baby in the corner.
Things wrong with the film leaving the word "everything" behind: Baby is 16 years old, Johnny is mid-20's, that's illegal in all 50 states. Baby has no dance experience and learns an advanced routine in less than a week. I guess my biggest beef is the soundtrack. Could anybody tell me why they used songs written in the 80's in a film that takes place in the 60's? She's Like the Wind, (I've Had) The Time of My Life, Hungry Eyes. I just don't get it.

1 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

I have never seen this movie all the way through. I think we'll probably keep those plot holes a mystery and that felony a secret 'til...never. I haven't even seen Flashdance or Girls Just Want to Have Fun. But I loved Footloose. Let's not fall into those plot holes, either. Flip.

13:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home