My aim is true.

14 January 2006

The Shane Company

I went to the Shane Company on the corner of State Street and 7200 South to get a pearl set. It's a black pearl I won while I was in Hawaii. I went to the pearl counter to see what kind of settings they had.

As I was looking, I was expecting one of the jewerly salesmen...excuse me...salespersons to ask me if I needed help. Mr. Shane, in his oh so monotone voice, boasts about how the Shane Company has the best customer service of any jewlery store. To my surprize, three salesmen...excuse me...salespersons walked by me. Not one of them offered me assistance.

Finally a salesmen...excuse me...salesperson stopped and said, "Are you being helped?"

"No," I said. My tone of voice: annoyed.

A setting for a pearl costs $40. An engagement ring can cost up to and sometimes more than $4,000.

Is this why I was being overlooked? Is this what the direct diamond importer would want from his salesmen...excuse salespersons?

I'm boycotting the Shane Company.

4 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

I think it's funny that you can't join the armies of people who recommend the Shane Company. Of course I don't know any of them. In fact, I was only introduced to them indirectly through...gasp! Mr Shane! It's a conspiracy.

21:39

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

I have been forcefed this false reality about the Shane Company's customer service. You must experience it.

21:20

 
Blogger T.R. said...

shane sells blood diamonds!

17:16

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Allison, I think you could double for the chick on the radio who says "He's dull, but he's brilliant" on the Shane Company commercials. Voice wise. But you'd not stoop to promote such a monstrosity.

11:18

 

Post a Comment

<< Home