My aim is true.

07 January 2006

Playin' Army

I'm in the Utah Army National Guard. The Citizen Solder. Defender of freedom. Sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States. All those comercials say, "Most serve their country one weekend a month and two weeks a year." (Allison giggles) "Most." They should change it to "few." Afghanistan was the longest weekend of my life. Glance up at the title of this entry. Is it a game? Are we pretending? Naw. It's for real. It's an expression. When I go "Play Army" (a la Chris Farley, Tommy Boy), I get into my uniform, stand in formation like a tin soldier then fix trucks or make coffee or push paperwork.

Explination. This is my gear...with balloon animals.

Explination. Me on a Chinook helicopter with my gear on...no balloon animals.

Explination. Me with my gear on playing patty cake with the girls of a small village in Afghanistan...no balloon animals.

Explination. 31OCT2004. I was a civilian. That is my M16A2 Rifle. We went trick-or-treating.

4 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

These are awesome pictures. I can tell you right now, I could not handle the army. But you make that rifle look good!

17:10

 
Blogger Spencer said...

No surprise there, Michelle, Allison can make *anything* look good.

22:34

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Well thank's both of you. It isn't for the timid.

09:00

 
Blogger Blake Baker said...

To quote Ben Folds: "So I thought about the Army, my Dad said son you're frigg'n high. Well there's a first for everything so I took my old man's advice."
I really respect what you're doing Allison.

11:20

 

Post a Comment

<< Home