My aim is true.

02 January 2006

Dating VI

I'm giving up. Not "Happiness is a Warm Gun" giving up. Just giving up. I can't be interested in a guy. He just says no. I was talking to a friend of mine. The interaction went a little something like this:

"So (insert name here) got called into work so I had to find a date. I was supposed to hang out with (insert other name here) but I was foolish. Let's just say he's 18 and lives with his parents. It's hard for me to find a date. Sometimes I even call guys a week in advance, 'Hey, next week I'm (insert fun activity here). Would you like to hang out?' The answer, inevitably, 'Sorry...can't.' or, 'I'm washing my hair.' or 'That sounds like fun if it was something I actually wanted to do.'"

Bewilderment upon his face then his reply, "That sucks."

I think he wanted to say, "You can't get a date? How is that possible?"

If this was a parallel universe where men actually paid attention to me those previous statements would mean more.

Allison's opinion. Please, for the love of all that is holy, be honest. It saves my self esteem which is soaring oh so high right now.

Rejection, thy name is men.

5 Comments:

Blogger Blake Baker said...

As great as guns are around the house for defense, intimidating the land lord, and ringing in the New Year. I am pretty sure that you should keep at the whole (insert your personal difficulty here)thing. There will be plenty of time for violent outbursts later. Plus, there's always bean dip.

18:32

 
Blogger FPrince said...

Rejection reminds me how high my standards are. One day this will contribute to my happiness in the following way: (insert supportive example here).
It's like I've said before (maybe not to you): If they don't SEE you, they don't deserve you. And by you I mean Allison.

18:52

 
Blogger Spencer said...

Hey you.

If you ever need someone to go to Wendy's with, in a completely non-romantic fashion, and stay until about 11:00 talking about music... well, you've got my number.

I would also like to note that I don't have anything to do all week until Saturday except sit around on my fat (donkey) and watch Babylon 5 DVD's.

Spencer

00:35

 
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Mr. Souflee, Bean dip is good. Especally if it's 7 layer, uummm 7 layer bean dip. Michelle, great advice. I'm writing that down...one second...done. Spencer, thanks. I might take you up on that offer.

11:15

 
Blogger jeremy said...

Well, being a banana, I can't help but feel that my opinions are somewhat biased. I'll have fun with this one anyhow:
I think the best analogy is that a man with a date is a little like a mule with a spinning wheel. Heh...mule... Anyhow, (insert hypocritical but supportive comment here. Hypocritical because I often find myself overseeing the good next to me, being drawn away in the illusions of the mind and heart), and therefore (insert trite, yet sincere, encouragement), and you're all the better off. And yes, I will be resolved to be more honest, thank you.

14:42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home