My aim is true.

27 March 2007

Luck

1994

KISN 97

On Saturday night at 10:00 they would play the top ten songs of the week. If you kept track of the songs, was caller number seven and could read back all the songs from 10 to 1 you would win a CD Three-Pack of KISN music.

I was caller number seven. I won a CD Three-Pack. My dad took me to the station to choose the CDs and take a quick tour. I was 12.

~

1996

Bee 98.7

If you wrote a letter to the radio station and it was selected at random you won two front row, third base line seats to a (then) Buzz game and have you name announced between the top and the bottom of the 6th inning as some sort of Bee 98.7 Super Fan.

I wrote a letter. They selected it. I got a too big T-shirt and I took my dad to a baseball game. There were fireworks. Dad always said that they were for me. I was 14.

~

2007
94.9 The Blaze

Nightly, Victor Cade does the Blaze Mystery Riff. If you know the riff and are the first caller with the correct title and artist, you win...something.

The Mystery Riff for the evening was Take a Picutre by Filter. The second I heard it I grabbed my phone and called. I was driving home and crossing the intersection of 2100 South and 700 East. I was right, gave Victor Cade some love (over the phone) and I won tickets to go see a band that I don't even know. I'm even qualified to get a guitar lesson from a guitarist in the unknown band.

I did research. See below.

~~~

If you know:

Killswitch Engage
Dragonforce
Chimaira
He Is Legend

You can have the tickets. These guys are totally NOT my style. They are playing at the Great SaltAir on Friday. Just let me know.

~

Dad says I need to win the lottery for $40 million. It's on the list of things to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

Get crackin'!

14:19

 
Blogger Matsby said...

Wow, you are the opposite of me. That's great. I also like how your dad has been able to profit from your good luck. I think you should take your dad to the cencert. He will be totally dissapointed if you don't.

11:23

 

Post a Comment

<< Home