My aim is true.

23 February 2008

The ability to say what I want and not get arrested...oh wait, I might get arrested or loose my job.

The creative juices have been less than flowing lately. So, creativity has escaped me.

I guess I could do the standard post of "There are other things I could be doing like researching Autism and Fragile X" but do I really want to be researching Autism and Fragile X. Not right now. I could always do that tomorrow, at Tara.

I'm not a poet but that protester complaining about Senator Buttars was a beatnic.

I wish my friend Zane would write me back.

I watched an E! True Hollywood Story the other night about Jenna Jamison.

I've listened to one entire album of Nirvana and it made me so depressed I stopped eating for about 10 minutes.

I hate the fact that at work, since I'm a secretary, I'm at the bottom of the food chain. Let me explain. 1. I received an unvitation to a birthday party of a girl on my team. 2. Everyone on my team received a valentine from our team leader, except me. 3. When I suggest ideas to my boss he shurgs them off but when those same ideas get presented by a recruiter they are implimented within minutes.

I need to become my own boss.

I enjoy doing service for others.

4 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

That's messed up - the administrative assistant should be pretty high in the chain of command. We talked about the importance of this in one of my business classes - you want to appease the administrative assistant because in the end, they're the ones that set the pace for when things get done. At least that's how it looks on paper. The secretary at our work pretty much runs things when the C.E.O. is gone, I think she's the only one authorized to sign off on his behalf.

Aside from any of that, receiving an uninvitation is really messed up.

22:21

 
Blogger Laverna said...

One thing I learned whilst student-teaching is that one must be good friends with the administrative staff.
Not necessarily the principal (though that certainly helps) but the copy lady (we got to be good friends), the secretaries (especially the financial one), the custodians and the auditorium head honcho.
It's all about who you know, you know?
p.s. Jeremy's right. Uninvitations are lame.

07:53

 
Blogger Matsby said...

Oh man, the work problem sucks.

10:20

 
Blogger FPrince said...

I don't know if it helps me in my job at all, but I feel it's the WWJD thing to do to make eye contact with the housekeeping staff. They go home to a family, too.

11:40

 

Post a Comment

<< Home