My aim is true.

22 March 2008

March Madness

I took Texas all the way. They're still in but my bracket took a beating in the West this week.

Ashton is the office bookie. He runs all the gambling. When Lanissa had her baby in November you gave him $1 to get in. You chose the birthdate and time of the child. Weight was the tie breaker. I didn't win that one. I didn't win the pool of Dave's baby either.

Once football season starts he distributes that weeks games with a spread. $1 per week and you get your picks. If your teams come out on top you get half the week's money. The other half goes into a pot and whoever got the most pics right over the season gets the pot. I don't enter that one because I watch two and a half football games a year: high school homecoming, Super Bowl and half of the BYU/Utah game. Football isn't a huge practice in my home.

He distributed this year's bracket and for $3 you're in. You fill out the bracket and every correct pick you have in the first round you get a point. Every correct pick in the second round you get two points. Sweet 16, three points. Elite Eight, four points. Final Four, five points. Championship, six points. Whoever gets the highest amount of points keeps the cash. My stronghold in the East looks like it's going to be a real winner. It kinda sucks because one wrong pick and you're screwed.

Let's take, for example my Midwest picks. I'm not a college baskeball fan by any stretch of the imagination but come on, did you know there was a college called Siena? They are the #13 seed and the beat #3 Vanderbilt who I took to the Sweet 16. Same goes for #5 Clemson who was spanked by #12 Villanova. Again with the colleges I don't know.

Like I said, I took Vanderbilt to the Sweet 16. That means I'll miss out on the points for the second round and the Sweet 16 for that particular team because they're out of the tournament.

I'll just keep hoping that my bracket in the East keeps doing well but I make no guarantees.

1 Comments:

Blogger Awright13 said...

I'm not a basketball fan either but man, those divisions are crazy because the team that has had a great normal season can suck it up and you can lose all your points for that game. Sheesh! No wonder ppl love it, it's something that can't be tamed!

20:00

 

Post a Comment

<< Home