My aim is true.

04 August 2008

Theme Checks

Not theme ties – that’s a different story all together.

My dad and his wife have theme checks. They are proud Cubs fans through and through. I don’t think my dad’s wife has a problem signing her name to a Cubs check. It’s actually pretty sweet.

I don’t have theme checks. They’re cool for you it’s just not for me. I use the ones I get for free from my credit union (college student). I don’t see a point in having theme checks. I figure why must my personality be put forth in a form of monetary security that 1. less and less establishments are accepting and 2. only me, the establishment, and my bank sees. As part of my job I see a lot of the returned checks. When one closes an account or bounces a check, those checks come back to us. Which begs the question: Why are people writing checks they probably know will bounce or on a closed account? I don’t know. Anyway. Let this be a lesson to you all to not bounce checks you write to the ward or Deseret Industries or LDS Family Services or LDS Home Storage, because I will see them.

The other day I got a returned two party check signed by the man of the house. Please don’t take this as chauvinistic. The man/male/husband must be in charge of the finances of the home. The thing is. It was an Anne Geddes check. Now. I don’t know many dudes that would go out of their way to purchase these feminine checks. This must be something he fell in on. But it couldn’t have been something he fell in on because it had his wife’s name printed on the check too.

What if this naked babies in eggs and flowers and dressed up as insects check theme was a compromise between Harley Davidson and potted plants? If it were me, I’d try to say something like, “How about some nice beach scenes, honey? Maybe wooded forests? Classic rock artists? Please not Anne Geddes. Anything but Anne Geddes.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Awright13 said...

Dude needs to grow a pair.

I just use my check card.

Technically, it's considered green.

Go figure.

22:26

 
Blogger Laverna said...

Free checks all the way.
My parents used to get theme checks but my dad had a hard time writing on them because they were "distracting." So now they have very boring non-theme checks.

07:40

 
Blogger Matsby said...

What? They have Anne Geddes themed checks? I have been spending all this time drawing little babies dressed as flowers on my free checks when I could have just bought Anne Geddes checks???

Oh man, this will save me a lot of time writing checks at the grocery store...

11:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home