My aim is true.

05 May 2007

The imperfections that can crawl into one's body and ruin their health.

I never sleep well when I'm sick.
This sickness has taken away my voice.
There's something going on in my throat and ears that is no good.

The last time this happened I was getting ready to deploy. One morning I woke up and without warning my throat was killing me. I went to the flight surgeon and we talked about my symptoms:

Runny nose: No
Chest congestion: No
Coughing: Some
Sneezing: No
Head or body ache: No

Then he got his stethoscope and listened to my lungs. Well nothing in there.

His diagnosis: Tonsillitis

Perfect. We are literally three weeks away from leaving the valley and I have Tonsillitis. He gave me Penicillin. After I completed all of the pills I was fine.

Flash forward to three and a half years later. Same thing.

I woke up the day before I was going to leave for DC. Throat killing me. We went to the doctor and go over my symptoms:

Runny nose: No
Chest congestion: No
Coughing: Some
Sneezing: No
Head or body ache: No
Does it feel worse in the morning or along in the day: Morning
Does eating or drinking anything help it: Drinking things does
Hot or cold things: Both
Have you tried both: Yes. I drink hot tea and cold water all day at work

He got his stethoscope out and listened to my lungs: Couldn't ask for anything clearer.

He swabbed the inside of my throat for Strep: Nope

He said that my Tonsils look inflamed. He prescribed me Amoxicillin and sent me on my merry way. As I was taking the pills my symptoms subsided. The second they ran out it was au revoir to normalcy. No like I stated I can't sleep, my voice is gone and my throat and ears are all jacked up.

I have an appointment to see my family doctor on the 9th but I can't stand it for five more days. I'm going to Urgent Care today when they open...after I watch i heart huckabees.

6 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

Sorry to hear 'bout it - and on Cinco de Mayo, too (since we all observe this as a national holiday somehow). Get feelin' better!

10:24

 
Blogger Chester The Bear said...

That used to happen to me too. It was routine.

Get'em out. You won't look back, and it miles better than taking antibiotics all the time.

14:46

 
Blogger Awright13 said...

I feel your pain. I just got over a double ear infection and a sinus infection...ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I am sorry to hear about that hun.

21:47

 
Blogger FPrince said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

15:44

 
Blogger FPrince said...

I am sick as well. Similar symptoms, some congestion, no voice, worse in morning, dry tickly cough that is relieved by room-temperature water. And Advil Cold & Sinus and Airbourne.

Oy. I really think I'll be done with it today. I don't think I got it from you as we haven't hung out for awhile, but this always happens when school ends or I get married or my body gives itself permission to give up on that whole immunity business. Grrr....(cough, cough).

15:45

 
Blogger T.R. said...

meatballs are okay

11:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home