My aim is true.

15 August 2008

A Response to Ashley's Post

Click and read here first.

Then click here and see what Dr. Cox has to say about it. Which clearly illustrates Jeremy's math.

I join in what Ashely has to say about the men who are in charge of this whole fiasco we call dating. I would like to point out that everytime I have ever initiated a convo with a dude that I wanted to get to know better it has always fizzled and died. Now, on those few occasions where I was the hunted, so to speak, it has turned into some style of a relationship.

I have standards that want to see in a man and I will not fold like a lawn chair. I've done that and let me tell you I was disappointed in myself.

I will also not compromise who I am: the God fearin', disease free, personality filled, fiercely independent, good looking, low maintenance, drama-free, strong willed, educated, political, Libra that lives by herself.

I'm not sure if it's men in Utah or men in general but when they find out I'm going to be a doctor they retreat. As they are running scared I see their tail between their legs as if I were some predator that just hurt them somehow.

I'm not sure if it's men in Utah or men in general but most of the guys I talk to have some type of savior complex. I don't need any rescuing.

Like Ashley, I am very satisfied with my singleness. I welcome it. It is really fun to be learning about myself day in and day out so I can be projecting those things in myself that I want to see in a potential partner.

So, yeah. Comment if you would like. It seems my ramblings are going into the void of the internet.

2 Comments:

Blogger ashleyjw13 said...

I'm glad we're ROCKIN' the same boat! I, of course, agree with you and I am glad you too will not settle. The Lord has a plan for us Al, and it's gonna be awesome!

19:17

 
Blogger Laverna said...

The right one is worth waiting for. I know, I'm married, so it's "easy" for me to say . . . but maybe it's harder now that I'm dealing with the challenges that come from being in an eternal relationship.
I forget which general authority said it, but life your life the best way you know how, REGARDLESS of your marital status. If you are always wishing you were married, you'll probably wish you were single again when you are married.
There is so much to be learned in any stage of life.

20:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home